Alderley Park, Cheshire
Are you an experienced laboratory technician looking for a change in environment or a recent graduate searching for your first professional lab-based role? If so, we would love to hear from you.
As part of Gentronix’ planned growth strategy we are aiming to bolster our teams across several areas of the business with additional Study Technicians. The Study Technician role is critical to our business, providing technical support to our Study Investigators and Study Directors in delivering high quality services to our clients.
This role will require organisational skills, the ability to learn quickly and a willingness to work closely with other team members towards a common goal. For the successful applicants, the role presents an opportunity to develop new skills within a GLP Contract Research Organisation (CRO) environment and has scope for career progression within an innovative and fast-growing business.
Gentronix is a specialist CRO, located at Alderley Park in the north-west UK. We are committed to helping our clients develop safer chemicals and medicines, using innovative screening platforms as well as GLP regulatory tests to detect hazard, to understand mode-of-action, and help manage risk.
Comprising of >30 toxicologists with a range of experiences within the pharmaceutical, agrochemical and CRO industries, our team has extensive expertise in the fields of genetic and skin toxicology. We are committed to offering our employees the opportunity to train and develop within our organisation.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Pension scheme offering an 8% employer’s contribution
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible working in a company with great team spirit.
Once you join our team, you’ll discover a fast-growing and exciting company where we combine expertise and close partnership to deliver the right outcome for our clients.
Working closely with our team of highly committed scientists, you will perform tasks in support of high-quality in vitro toxicology studies. You will operate within laboratories that support both GLP and non-GLP studies and the work you do will ensure those laboratories run smoothly and efficiently. You will play an important role in supporting the company’s ambition to become the leading provider of predictive and preclinical toxicology products and services across a variety of industries.
Specifically, you will:
- Carry out general laboratory tasks including, but not limited to, equipment calibration, stock control of materials, preparation of reagents, compound receipt, record keeping and environmental monitoring.
- Take an active role in the performance and delivery of high-quality preclinical in vitro toxicology studies alongside more experienced team members.
- Learn, maintain, and employ knowledge of the principles of GLP.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop technical skills and scientific theory relevant to the role.
To join us as a Study Technician, you will need:
- Either a life sciences degree with a strong element of practical experience from a year in industry/extended lab-based project/lab-based modules, or previous experience as a laboratory-based technician in a life-sciences business.
- Experience of cell culture, microbial culture and aseptic techniques would be advantageous.
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding for the basic principles of toxicology, and an enthusiasm to learn about the application of these in both a screening and regulatory setting.
- Good communication skills, and a strong team player
- Excellent attention to detail
To be IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint.