Alderley Park, Cheshire
Are you an experienced laboratory technician looking for a change in environment or a recent graduate searching for your first professional lab-based role? If so, we would love to hear from you as we are seeking an enthusiastic team-player to join our Skin and Ocular Toxicology Team in line with our planned growth strategy.
The Skin and Ocular Toxicity Team are responsible for in vitro skin irriatation and corrosion testing and will also be developing tests to expand our capability within the ocular irritation field. The Study Technician role is critical to this team, providing technical support to senior team members in delivering high quality services to our clients.
This role will require organisational skills, the ability to learn quickly and a willingness to work closely with other team members towards a common goal. For the successful applicant, the role presents an opportunity to develop new skills within a Contract Research Organisation (CRO) environment and has scope for career progression within an innovative and fast-growing business.
Gentronix is a specialist CRO, located at Alderley Park in the north-west UK. We are committed to helping our clients develop safer chemicals and medicines, using innovative screening platforms as well as GLP regulatory tests to detect hazard, understand mode-of-action and help manage risk.
Comprising of >30 toxicologists with a range of experiences within the pharmaceutical, agrochemical and CRO industries, our team has extensive expertise in the fields of genetic, skin and ocular toxicology. We are committed to offering our employees the opportunity to train and develop within our organisation.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Pension scheme offering an 8% employer’s contribution
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible working in a company with great team spirit.
Once you join our team, you’ll discover a fast-growing and exciting company where we combine expertise and close partnership to deliver the right outcome for our clients.
Working closely with your colleagues, you will perform tasks in support of in vitro skin toxicology studies based on 3D human reconstituted tissue models. You will also be involved in the establishment and validation of new ocular irritation services utilising in vitro and ex vivo test systems. You will operate within laboratories that support both GLP and non-GLP studies and the work you do will ensure those laboratories run smoothly and efficiently.
Specifically, you will:
- Carry out general laboratory tasks including, but not limited to, equipment calibration, stock control of materials, preparation of reagents, compound receipt, record keeping and environmental monitoring.
- Take an active role in the performance and delivery of high-quality preclinical in vitro skin and ocular toxicology studies under the supervision of more experienced team members.
- Learn, maintain, and employ knowledge of the principles of GLP.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop technical skills and scientific theory relevant to the role.
To join us as a Study Technician, you will need:
- Either a life sciences degree with a strong element of practical experience from either a year in industry or an extended lab-based project, or, previous experience as a laboratory-based technician in a life-sciences business.
- Experience of in vitro skin toxicology assays (OECD 431 and 439 guidelines) would be advantageous.
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding for the basic principles of toxicology, and an enthusiasm to learn about the application of these in a regulatory setting.
- Good communication skills, and a strong team player.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- To be IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint.